– Carmen Potel Alvarellos PharmD, Microbiology and Parasitology
– Maximiliano Álvarez Fernández MD, PhD Microbiology and Parasitology
– Antonio Moreno Flores BChem, Microbiology and Parasitology
– Lucía Martínez Lamas BPharm, Microbiology and Parasitology
– Mª Teresa Pérez Rodríguez MD, PhD Internal Medicine
– Susana Otero Fernández Tech, Chemistry
Bacterial population genetics; Epidemiology; Antimicrobial Resistance; Biofilms; Microbial physiology
1. Population genetics in different microbial pathogen species.
2. Epidemiological targets in bacteria.
3. Resistance to antibiotics and antibacterial chemicals, and its relationship with microbial population genetics.
4. Microbial physiology in planktonic versus biofilms.
These four lines are directed to identify the genetic elements that allow clonal selection on the basis of the microbial fitness in the biomedical ecosystem.