Our research unit is formed by a multidisciplinary team composed of biologists, medical oncologists and pathologists with the common objective of understanding the molecular alterations involved in cancer to help in patients´ diagnosis and prognosis.
We have currently several projects on going aimed to find new biomarkers and molecular targets that can be used towards a precision medicine, opening new avenues in the therapeutic options, using tissue and liquid biopsies. We believe that our work is predestined to have a clear clinical application that could change cancer diagnosis and would help oncologists for personalized treatments.
• Segovia*, San José-Enériz* , Munera-Maravilla*, Martínez-Fernández M et al. Inhibition of a G9a/DNMT network triggers immune-mediated bladder cancer regression. Nature Medicine, 25: 1073–1081 (2019)
• Rubio C*; Martinez-Fernandez M*; et al. Cdk4/6-inhibitor as a novel therapeutic approach for advanced Bladder Cancer independently of RB1 status. Clinical Cancer Research. 25, pp. 390 – 402 (2019)
• Dueñas, Perez-Figueroa…,Mónica Martínez-Fernández. Gene Expression Analyses in Non Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Reveals a Role for Alternative Splicing and Tp53 Status. Scientific Reports, 9: 10362 (2019)
• Segovia C, Paramio JM, Martinez-Fernandez M. Epigenetic mutations and cancer therapy Effectiven(EZH2). Translational Cancer Research. 6, pp. Supl 3 (2017)
• Segovia C*, Martínez-Fernández M* et al. Opposing roles of PIK3CA gene alterations to EZH2 signaling in non-muscle invasive bladder cancer. Oncotarget, 8:10531-10542 (2017)
• Martínez Fernández M et al. A Polycomb-mir200 loop regulates clinical outcome in bladder cancer. Oncotarget. 6 – 39, pp. 42258 – 42333 (2015)
• Martínez Fernández M et al. Analysis of the Polycomb-related lncRNAs HOTAIR and ANRIL in bladder cancer. Clinical Epigenetics. 7, pp. 109 (2015)
• Santos M*; Martínez Fernández M* et al. In vivo disruption of an Rb-E2F-Ezh2 signaling loop causes bladder cancer. Cancer Research. 74 – 22, pp. 6565 – 6642 (2014)
• Proyecto Miguel Servet ISCIII: “Searching for potential predictive biomarkers for immunotherapy”, (2020-2024)
• Ideas Semilla AECC: “Estudio de nuevos mecanismos moleculares en la respuesta a inmmunoterapia”, (2020-2022)
• OCTOPUS project: Oncoloxía Customizada para Tratar Os PUlmónS (https://proxectooctopus.org/) funded by the Vigo Against Cancer Association, (2020-)
• Proyecto de Investigación en Salud del ISCIII, AES2019, “Ampliando el horizonte para los biomarcadores predictores de respuesta a inmmunoterapia”, (2020)
• AECC Investigator “Estudio del impacto funcional de la transducción de secuencias reguladoras mediada por retrotransposones altamente mutagénicos” (2018-2020).
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.